TYPE OF MOBILITY: Training Course
PLACE: Forest of Dean, UK
DATES: 14 – 22 January 2020
Embracing the Self is the second, stand-alone course of three, that seeks to address the underlying causes of the Brexit vote in the UK. It also looks at the similar rise of populism and ‘tribal’ politics across Europe (and the world).
The specific aim of this second course is to trace the relationship between the political and the personal. We address self-empowerment, self-awareness and personal responsibility as a way to cultivate our value systems and address the deepest issues that Brexit highlights.
On the course, we will:
• Look at tools for self-care and self-knowledge, including meditation and creative practice
• Practice the art of openness and connection to ourselves and others
• Empower participants with the tools to educate themselves and practice the skills of rhetoric and debate in order to be active citizens
• Look at the ways self-determination and individuality can flourish in healthy community systems
The course will use non-formal educational methods, including artistic presentations, group work, teambuilding games, group singing and practical exercises.
HOSTING ORGANIZATION: THE ASHA FOUNDATION
INSCRIPTION DEADLINE: 7th November 2019
N° PARTICIPANTS: 4
TARGET / PROFILE:
– Passion for the topic
– Good English-speaking skills
– 18 or over
More information: https://ormasite.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/information_pack-min.pdf